Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I previously had a male yeast infection in my genital areas

Customer Question

I previously had a male yeast infection in my genital areas and it has now cleared up after the use of Fluconazole however parts of the head of the penis is now slightly red and inflamed but not itchy
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?
Customer: i had the yeast infection about a month ago but since then I have been waited for the redness to calm down but hasn’t as of yet
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no we are all good thank you
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

This could be persisting yeast infections.

Fungal infections are known to persist for a long time.

You should apply Clotrimazole (Lotrimin/Canestan) ointment for 20 days on these areas, even if they appear to have healed.

This will completely eradicate the fungi.

If there is still some irritated areas after 20 days, then you should apply 1% Hydrocortisone twice daily for 10 days.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That’s great I will try that and get back to you! Thank you very much