Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am due to take my Covid Vaccination on 14th June, however

I am due to take my Covid Vaccination on 14th June, however I would like to understand if I have know hypersensitive skill reaction to bug bites. Would there be a way to identify which vaccines is best suits for me.
JA: Have you talked to a doctor about how COVID-19 could affect the vaccination? Do you have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
Customer: Not yet talk to any doctor on this. This is my 1st consultation on COVID vaccination
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: I am living Highbury Islington , not sure the COID 19 widespread in my area
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: hypersensitive skin reaction to bugs bites , allergy to Beef and Prawns

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

There is no hypersensitivity test for Covid vaccines.

Expert opinion is that such tests are not needed.

The vaccine will not react to your hypersensitivities, dont worry.

You can take either the Moderna or the Pfizzer vaccine.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My vaccination appointment is 14th June at the Francis crick institute, would they allow you to choose the type of vaccines. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No need for phone call, I pressed by mistake. You can answer my question online it’s fine.

No, You will not be allowed to choose your vaccine. But dont worry, they are all fine.