Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My wife is taking APIXABAN and has just bought some Krill

My wife is taking APIXABAN and has just bought some Krill Oil which contains omega-3 + Astaxanthin. Can she take this or will it harm her. She is 96 years old tomorow
JA: How long has your wife been using apixaban? Has it helped at all?
Customer: about 2 months
JA: Got it. Has she seen a doctor about this?
Customer: not about taking this Krill oil as she has only just bought it
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really she has arthritis but I used to boast that neither her or I were on any pills at all but she passed out a couple of moths ago and the paramedics advised she went to hospital. She went in and was there for 5 days and that is when she was prescribed Apixaban

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
She can take krill oil supplement.

Even though there is possible interaction with apixaban with increased bleeding risk, the risk is not considered significant given the benefits of krill oil in prevent heart disease and joint inflammation.