Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Peeing 12 to 20 times a night for about a month then a wee

Peeing 12 to 20 times a night for about a month then a wee bit blood in pee for three days 4th night couldn’t pee hospital inserted catheter and gave antibiotics but bloods indicated no infection but his prostate very swollen no Information as to what the cause is extremely painful and would like it to be removed but no follow up appointment till July meds have interfered with Parkinson’s drugs
JA: When was he prescribed the antibiotics? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: He was prescribed them last Tuesday He is extremely weak and I’ve had to shower and shave him no energy
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about this blood?
Customer: Yes he went to hospital but we’ve no information no indication as to what the problem is blood taken says no infection
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am sorry to hear this. It sounds like there could have been urinary retention which can be caused by small clots of blood if there was bleeding. This can lead to needing to pass urine very frequently as the bladder is unable to empty properly.

The catheter is therefore allowing free flowing urine which can also mean removing it too soon may result in sudden urinary retention and a urgent trip back to Accident and Emergency.

What medication were they given please? And how are they affecting the Parkinson medications?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trimethoprim 2daily his Parkinson’s nurse explained that his antibiotics would interfere with his Parkinson’s meds weakness more shaking and more difficult in attending to himself

Okay thanks, ***** ***** therefore speak with his GP to chase the urine culture result. This may show if there is an infection, what antibiotics is more appropriate, and if no urine infection, this can be stopped.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you would like a option
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

That is my pleasure, the phone call is automated, please call the GP secretary or reception, they should be open until 18:30.