How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4077
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

I would like some advice regarding my private region. I have

This answer was rated:

Hi, i would like some advice regarding my private region.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen any doctors yet, i do have an appointment in a months time. I don’t take any medication.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no I’m not
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

How can I help?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is embarrassing but i am quite worried. Last Wednesday i had a wet dream where i layed on my stomach on my bed, as i woke up i put quite some pressure on my penis and tried to suppress any ejaculation. However, i think i put too much pressure on my penis, there was a tiny bit of pain when i put pressure on it. Since Wednesday I have not had any spontaneous erections, i have had morning erections but they are not as strong as before. I have also tried to get an erection but it does not stay for long and is not as hard as before. I have tried contacting a gp but i have an appointment on the 5th july. I am not sure what to do. There has been no pain or damage or anything on my penis. When flaccid there is a vein on the side which is a bit prominent but nothing else.

Thanks, ***** ***** fact you can get an erection is reassuring, the lack of spontaneous ones is not a problem.

If you had caused a structural problem, you would noticed deformity, swelling or bruising of the penis. Therefore what you describe is more likely some soft tissue injury and as a consequence it isn't as comfortable to gain an erection or maintain.

I would abstain from sexual activity for a week, take an anti inflammatory if needed, and if after a week the problem persists, then see your GP.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much for your response you have reassured me. I

That is my pleasure, all the best

Tim Brown and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you