How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tim Brown Your Own Question
Tim Brown
Tim Brown, GP
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4077
Experience:  GP in Sussex
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Tim Brown is online now

I'm traumatised with my son he's 49 homeless I've kept

This answer was rated:

I'm traumatised with my son he's 49 homeless I've kept paying for hotels and I can't do it anymore he's an alcoholic and he says he's fetching his things to my mums and he can't stay here I'm 68 and she's 91.he needs mental health treatment I don't know what to do can you advise pls
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I'm on antidepressant have been for 2p
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 20 years on antidepressants I cannot cope with him here I'm looking after mum we really can't do it I don't know where to turn anymore

Good afternoon, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for contacting us today

I am so sorry to hear of this situation. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you all.

In regards ***** ***** to turn, unfortunately this does fall onto your son to seek help. Your Son can access housing support via the counsel once he has no place to stay. He can also request help via his GP to get involved with alcohol addiction services.

You would therefore need to stop supporting your son for this to start, with your son being aware he needs to be proactive to address this otherwise nobody will be able to support him.

If in doubt, call his GP and ask that they reach out to your son first.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He's in a hotel in doncaster at the moment I've had to move to Leeds to get away. He can't get council help there so I've had to pay for accommodation. We need the help to stop him staying here he's going to turn up tomorrow with some things and I can't let him in I'm at a loss making us both ill

Sorry to hear. Do you mean he is going to be forceful in trying to stay there despite you saying no?

Tim Brown and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
he's very domineering I think he's psychopathic tendencies but not to kill anyone were too old to handle this. He's only got me now rest of family have nothing to do with him I'm really at end of my tether now