Elliot Ruff
Elliot Ruff, GP
Experience:  GP at Whitstable Medical Practice
108371854

Don’t understand I had endyscope says antral gastritis had

Customer Question

Hi don’t understand I had endyscope says antral gastritis had loads of test before Hand I still have pains left and right side on p p I now they want to do a scan I so fed up
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: When I work pain is bad and I feel like I ha e no stomach muscles
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Took two biopsy all clear no hyplori no infection no bugs ect
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Don’t no why they keep putting me through this I worry so much I had scan before all clear I do have weak stomach muscle had for yrs is it normal to have this pain for months with antral gastritis on p p I
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Elliot Ruff replied 4 days ago.

Good evening, I am Dr Ruff, thank you for

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Pls read the above msg

I am sorry to hear this. Amtrak gastritis is just referring to the location within the stomach. Therefore gastritis alone can be responsible for your discomfort, for which a PPI is the management. It is also worth getting an ultrasound if you haven’t already to also exclude gallstones.

Sorry, Antral*

Not Amtrak

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok I had scan before said all clear but have a nother booked as I have weak stomach muscle but said it would not cause antral gastritis my worry is I’ve had fir 5 months but better when I don’t do much but I need to work when I bend and lift I bit weak and it gets really sore is this normal and how long before recovery
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Biopsies we’re clear bloods good but when I first got it the doc gave me antibiotics then more antibiotics and stools test and biopsy showed no hyplori
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Never had hyplori or bugs
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What has caused this and why so long in pain and to heal I don’t drink always fit and work 50 yr old

Well it is all quite reassuring as to the cause

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Sorry what you mean the cause

Yes, I.e. it has excluded anything sinister

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok thanks what do you think cause it and how long to heal as this is horrible
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Can you really be I. This much pain every day allday on pp I and eat really well good food
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just wish it would go so I could live again
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hiya
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Pls answer the above thanks
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Help

Normally with a PPI you would expect the symptoms to reduce after a few months. This would be in addition to dietary changes to avoid irritating your stomach.

What PPI and what dose are you currently taking?