Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I had a tooth that was infected out this afternoon and the

Customer Question

I had a tooth that was infected out this afternoon and the pain started 20 minutes after and has not stopped
JA: Has the infection been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: I had the tooth out but uts the pain what I am left with its 50 times worse than before
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the infection? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The tooth has had holes in for a long time then this weekend it started really hurting me I am 58 I have had infections before .my dentist took it out straight away but as I said the pain since is unbearable
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: No I have had a dry socket before and it feels just like that but I have a healthy looking clot
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My local emergency dentist has no appointments left tonight I can go all night with this pain I have took 2 dyhydrocodeine 30mg and 2 paracetamol at 4.00pm .and I had 10ml of oramorph at 6.00pm
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
HELLO
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 13 days ago.

Hi thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about what's going on. You're in a lot of pain after extraction, can't get to a dentist till tomorrow and have been using dihydrocodeine and paracetamol plus a dose of oramorph is that correct:?

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth symptoms. Unfortunately we aren't able to prescribe using this service but I'd advise the following:

-Use warm saltwater rinses twice a day

-Buy some Corsodyl mouthwash from any pharmacy and use this twice a day also

-use paracetamol (and can also take ibuprofen 400mg three times a day - with food) for added relief. An extra dose of oramorph may also potentially be needed.

-If you need antibiotics despite this you can get them from your GP or an online prescribing service (I'll include a link at the end) or you could just visit your local walk-in-center which is usually attached to your local A&E and staffed by out of hours GPs.

Here's the link:

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/how-it-works/prescriptions

I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best.