Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I have an infection in my tooth ans desperately need some

Hello, I have an infection in my tooth ans desperately need some antibiotics. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near my dentist,
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: Yes,
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Waiting to get the tooth removed, but my other hospital appt keeps changing
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Will they give me a prescription for antibiotics, that is what I need

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about your tooth symptoms. Unfortunately we aren't able to prescribe using this service but I'd advise the following:

-Use warm saltwater rinses twice a day

-Buy some Corsodyl mouthwash from any pharmacy and use this twice a day also

-use paracetamol (and can also take ibuprofen 400mg three times a day - with food) for added relief

-If you need antibiotics despite this you can get them from your GP or an online prescribing service (I'll include a link at the end) or you could just visit your local walk-in-center which is usually attached to your local A&E and staffed by out of hours GPs.

Here's the link:

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/how-it-works/prescriptions

I hope that helps and you feel better soon. All the very best.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your response. However, push doctor online service do not deal with any dental issues

oh I see, well personally I'd try the saltwater plus corsodyl plus the pain relief followed by seeing your GP tomorrow. Otherwise it may be worth just heading over to the walk-in-center, they're usually pretty quick and helpful with things like this.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I spoke with my GP earlier and he said he could not give antibiotics for dental related problems! So I will go to the walk in centre. I am 150 miles away from my dentist at
the moment having radiotherapy for breat cancer. Thank you and best regards

That's absurd and I'm really sorry to hear that. I really hope you get the help you need and feel better soon. Wishing you the very best.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I guess it's the way of the world we live in now.

I just think it's a bit lazy really, I know they're under pressure so I'll hold my tongue. Best of luck nonetheless.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.