Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I do have a rather delicate question to a doctor! But dont

Customer Question

I do have a rather delicate question to a doctor! But dont want to waste the recourses at A&E
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No medication!
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: nope! its something that happened yesterday
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: its regarding ‘private parts’
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 15 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little about what you'd like to discuss? Don't feel embarrassed in any way at all. Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hmmm, had sex with someone yesterday & afyerwards I noticed a bleed/ but still contained on the head of my penis.
I am unsure if I should use a needle & drain it or leave it!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Lets talk online... cant afford £34
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He might have used too much teeth, but not sure sure how to deal with it.

sure sorry the site offers calls automatically we can type. So it's essentially a small blood blister type thing following intercourse (so abrasion related) is that right?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hmmm, it isnt small! 15- 20% of the head i think! Abrasion?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh, & there was no protection involved!

I understand. Well, if the skin hasn't broken and the blood is contained I would advise you do your best not to burst it but rather let it be reabsorbed itself. The reason being you don't want to risk an opening formed through bursting it to allow infection to get in. If it bursts of its own accord just make sure to keep it clean and dry where possible. Finally do consider the risks of sexually transmitted infections with unprotected intercourse but I'm sure you're aware of that. This should settle on its own over the course of a week or so.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay, its just quite big, never seen any of this before & i am 51 & been around the block.
Sooo, leave that sort of ‘engagement’ to pause for maybe 2weeks? I keep an eye on it!

I think that's a perfectly reasonable plan. As with anything we always advise, if it's getting bigger/painful or frankly if you're ever concerned it's always a good idea to show it to the GP but I'm sure it'll fade away by itself. All the very best!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

You're very welcome indeed. Come back if you've further questions and all the best again.