Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I had a breast screening in November 2020 due to pain and

Hi,I had a breast screening in November 2020 due to pain and lumpy feeling (left breast). All was normal.Today, I again felt something lumpy in my left breast in the morning but I didn’t feel the same thing after a few hours.I couldn’t book an appointment with my GP today but I’ll try tomorrow. In the meantime I really appreciate some advice.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist. I understand your concern . Was there any mention of fibrocystic disease on the mammogram ? Any breast pain? Your age?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I had an ultrasound. I am 34 years old. I had a benign cyst in my left breast. I experienced pain under both breasts for about two days after a day of housework.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The pain seems to be subsided now.
I’m not thinking of breast cancer. This sounds like benign cystic breasts. You do need to have a mammogram as it’s more accurate then an ultrasound.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was told I can only have an ultrasound due to my age.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How likely is it for breast cancer to grow enough to be felt by hand after an ultrasound 7 months ago?
That would be very very unlikely. Do you have a family history of breast cancer in mother or sisters?
Is there known BRCA 1 or 2 genes in the family?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No known breast cancer in my family. Only my uncle passed away due to lung cancer.
Then I’m sure it’s not breast cancer at your age.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you Dr. Mark. I developed anxiety after birth of my second child and cancer phobia after my uncle passed away. Your answers will help me sleep a little bit tonight.