Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My Mum is 82, she had a pacemaker fitted in January last

My Mum is 82, she had a pacemaker fitted in January last year and had a bad chest infection following that. Prior to that she had a couple of mini strokes. She has lost so much weight and struggles to keep weight on. She is now 7st 2 and she is quite tall and looks so thin. She is having a few blank moments and forgets things but other than that is still sharp. She still has energy. She is moving a lot now, when sitting her feet move all the time. I would like to get her to see a specialist but would like to talk to someone. Can you help
JA: What are all your mother's symptoms? Has she talked to a doctor about the infection?
Customer: The infection was treated last year with antibiotics so she no longer has that.
JA: Got it. Has she used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in her medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

Does she have any other conditions like diabetes, thyroid, etc?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, she doesn’t. We’re concerned that when she collapsed and needed the pacemaker fitted that she had another stroke.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry she is on statins for high cholesterol and thinners

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just to let you know, I have a conference call with a client in 10 minutes. If I don't answer the phone, please can you leave me your number and I will call back asap.

I am afraid I cannot call you now, other experts on the site will make the call. I will help you through text.