RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I suffer with hypertention and have L.BBB my heart is

I suffer with hypertention and have L.BBB my heart is functioning correctly but after my first dose of astrazenica my heart rate shot up that evening and I was rushed to A&E.due to having the same problem a week before my jab down to anxiety and hormone changes because of age and loosing my dad and brother having a stroke I may have been full of stress ..I was told I was dehydrated when i went in A.&E even though I drink plenty of water and I recovers from my incidence the first time before having my jab .everything went back to normal until I had my first jab then I had the same problem again..this could be coincidence due to not enough fluids but I am concerned on having my second vaccine..I felt dizzy straight away more or less and I was off my food and by the evening my heart went up to 140/160.should I have the second jab and drink 2.5 ltrs of water before hand as emergency said at the time my body needs that..I sink 2 ltrs a day
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I feel better the last few days as I'm drinking 2ltrs a day but life isn't normal due to not being able to think enough about myself till end of next week as I'm looking after my mother in law who fell and fractured her hip so I'm needed more at home when i know I need to be out more..I power walk which helps my anxiety but my medication may dehydrate me slightly but I'm a happy person but over emotional slightly and some days anxious so I try mentally to calm myself by walking etc ..my pulse has always been higher than most and ice had L.B.BB for over 5 years which is treated and I have a good strong heart .all my blood tests are good and not lacking in anything ..I've gone through the menopause naturally and occasionally feel very hot but I'm not ..anxiety puts my heart rate up some days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so .I'm just concerned if to have my second jab as I wonder if my body can cope

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

I am reading your problem

It seems that yousymptoms are most probably stress related. The AZ vaccine could just be coincidental.

I owuld advise that you speak to your GP about possibly getting some low dose beta blockers ar antidepressants to help calm you down

I believe that the second jabshoudlbe safe to have

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am on Amlodapine 10 mg tablet and candesartin 32mg which is for high blood pressure and heart flow. I don't feel depressed life is good is there anything natural to help my stress levels

You can try yoga and meditation

You can look at natural remedies from Herbal Stores like St John's Wort

You could also look at IAPT ( on google) and register yourself for counselling

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you doctor .I will have a call back from my GP next week and you have been helpful

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal