Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a baby the has refulex what the best food for her she

Hi I have a baby the has refulex what the best food for her she 7 weeks old and she not keeping her bottle down thanks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes they keep saying leave her on the same food for another week
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No she just refluxing all the time
Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. What is the date of birth and birth weight and current weight?

2. How many time is she passing urine and motion per day?

3. Does the baby feed very eagerly and suck fast while feeding?

4. Does she burp after every feed and well?

5. Does she pass a flatus after supposed struggling?

6. Is she forming foam or excessive froth at the nose and mouth?

7. Does she arch backwards and refuse to feed or is she feeding well?

8. Is there any blood in the stools?

9. Have you observed any skin rashes?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
22 of April 2021birth weight 5 14 she was born 37 weeks into pregnancy
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Nappies always wet
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Very hard with wind

Please answer all my questions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Some at the mouth
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Cries when feeding
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No
I understand your concern.
Thank you for the information.There are certain clinically relevant points here -1. The baby arching after feeding and becoming red and looking distressed with holding breath for sometime.
2. Foam at the mouth and nose.
3. Growth seems to be good.Keeping all this in mind I feel the possibilities are -1. Gastroesophageal reflux.
It can be solved very simply by appropriate use of Lansoprazole once daily along with prokinetic like domperidone or metoclopramide.
I have treated many babies like this have you even seen good weight gain also after the initiation of therapy.2. Cow's milk protein allergy is the 2nd but highly unlikely possibility because there is no extensive body Rash.
The facial atopic dermatitis like Rash could be a corroborative evidence for this.May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with her pediatrician and get her appropriately evaluated and managed for gastroesophageal reflux and I feel with this itself she will show a lot of improvement.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800