RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

I suffer form eczema and as a result I am constantly

Hi, I suffer form eczema and as a result I am constantly scratching at night which leaves marks that I am very self conscious of. I was wondering if you had any advice to help prevent this.
JA: When did eczema first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: I had it when I was a baby but it came back around 5 years ago, I used a prescribed steroid cream a few years ago which temporarily helped but it came back when I stopped using it
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about eczema?
Customer: I have not
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: I have an allergy to kiwi, and some nuts

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, I suffer from eczema and as a result I am constantly scratching at night which leaves marks that I am very self conscious of. I was wondering if you had any advice to help prevent this.

What treatments have you had for this?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I was given a steroid cream a few years ago which cleared it up temporarily but it came back after I stopped

o you are not taking anything at the moment?

Have you got any pics for me to look at?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not no
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can try take some quickly
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the eczema itself is not looking to bad currently but I have a lot of scratches on my arm
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (S3PZTL7)

I would advise that you see your GP for some more eczema / steroid cream which will help.

Also you can try antihistamines to help with the itching and also buy some aveeno cream from the pharmacist to moisturise your skin

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the thing is the steroid cream is only good when you use it and I heard they are bad for your skin in general

eczema is not a quick fix...it will come and go... moisturisation is the key

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks