RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

How would I know for sure if I’ve got genital warts? Not

Hello! How would I know for sure if I’ve got genital warts?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not seen a doctor as of yet, with no medication
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else that’s all thankyou

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello Doctor, the issue I have is I seem to think I’m showing general warts, but I’m just not sure if that’s what it is or something else

where are the warts... have you got any pics?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
All around the genital area
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Does this look like the problem I seem to have?

It looks quite general but is also presnet on the glans penis (head of the penis)... it is itchy , blistering or has any discharge?

apologies... is it on the head of the penis ??

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What can it be common for other peoples too look like that also then? It’s not on the head of the penis, seems to start just under the head and then works onto all the scrotum area, no itchiness blistering or any discharge

It appears that you have Fordyce spots which are nothing to worry about.

Fordyce spots are whitish-yellow bumps that can occur on  your penis or scrotum if you're male or your labia if you're female. The spots, also called Fordyce granules or Fordyce glands, are enlarged oil glands.

Sometimes Fordyce spots cause anxiety but they are completely harmless whether on the lips or on the genitals. They are not a sexually transmitted disease and they are not infectious

Fordyce spots generally fade in time without treatment. The important thing is to realize they're normal. They aren't a disease. The majority of people have them.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh that’s great at least it’s something common and nothing I need to worry about! I can put my mind at rest now knowing it’s not going to cause me or anyone else any harm! Thankyou so much for your help doctor, really appreciated!

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yeah I’ll give it a rate for you! Thankyou and stay safe too doctor!