How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 40622
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

My mum is 81 years old has heart failure blood clot on lung

This answer was rated:

My mum is 81 years old has heart failure blood clot on lung high blood pressure and angina she is taking all the medication she needs for this but her breathing is deteriorating rapidly she does not see a consultant about her heart failure and there is no plan in place as such I want to know should there be and should she be given oxygen at home to relieve the symptoms?
JA: Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or chest pain? Is there a history of heart disease in your family?
Customer: Not shortness of breath but breathless and coughing something that has been ongoing for the past two years but has become steadily worse to the point she can't walk more than a few steps
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Yes she needs to be seen by a cardiologist soon.

She may have pulmonary hypertension from right sided heart failure.

The treatment will require some expertise.

Home oxygen therapy is highly recommended as it has been shown to improve quality of life and also helps to reduce pulmonary hypertension.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you I thought so but her own general practice doctor is not doing any of these things he keeps giving her antidepressants and an inhaler and she is in such distress with her breathing

Welcome --above measures will help.

Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you