RickD810
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Expert
109813799

On Saturday I thought I experienced heat stroke as I was

on Saturday I thought I experienced heat stroke as I was vomiting and feeling fatigued, after I finished vomiting (1-2 hours later) I felt completely normal again. After this scenario, I just felt very tired for a few days. then yesterday, I ate something and then a couple hours later I started vomiting again with the same symptoms, and then after vomiting I felt completely fine again. I don't think it has a link to pregnancy as I had my period last month. I think it may be to do with stuff I have eaten? because the two days I was ill I ate croissants. could it be an intolerance or some stomach problem? or is it related to the heat?
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about heat stroke?
Customer: no I haven't. it just vomiting in the morning, if I eat something in the morning, it comes back out not too long after and feeling tired I don't know if its a continuation of the heat stroke I had at the weekend or if it is something else
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about heat stroke?
Customer: no I haven't I have requested for an appointment
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Had you been out in the sun for a long time?

What had you eaten efore the vomiting started?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I was out in the sun for a long time on Saturday
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I wasn't much yesterday

What had you eaten before the vomiting started on Saturday?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I only had something light, a mini croissant and a sandwich later. I had lunch (pasta) and as soon as I finished eating that I started to vomit
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
then 1-2 hours later I felt completely fine
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
could it be a follow on from the heat stroke I had? or could it be something like a stomach bug?

It could be either. However treatment is the same. Stay well hydrated.

Drink lots of salty and sugary drinks to keep your elecetrolytes in balance.

Use cooling creams.

Avoid dairy products for 48 hours

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you ill try those

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal