Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Some months ago i developed some small spots around the base

Hi! Some months ago i developed some small spots around the base of my penis. I put it down to irritation caused by shaving & masturbation, and largely forgot about it. However, in the last few months i have developed further spots along the shaft and am worried I may have an STI/STD. My knowledge of STI/STDs is very limited so I’m hoping someone can help me.
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’m sexually active - in a stable relationship since late last year, and do not use condoms (girlfriend has an IUD). However it is possible I caught something from a prior partner last year and simply didn’t notice symptoms for a while, or they were latent. that’s all i can think of

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Base
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Further spots just noticed today
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hope those help

Are they itchy?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Occasionally, yes

Ok these look like contact dermatitis related bumps not likely any infection.

A trial of topical steroid therapy may be tried first.

Over the counter Hydrocortisone 1% ointment can be tried meanwhile 3 times daily for 10 days.

Please use Petrolatum jelly twice daily to prevent dryness.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Noted. Thank you so much, that’s very reassuring. I’ll get right on it.

welcome