Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

How are you I have I boy he only 6 months he has diarrhea

Hi how are you my name is ***** ***** I have I boy he only 6 months he has diarrhea over 3days I give him over 3days calpol, I just wondering what happened if I give calpol over 3days
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No no yet, my baby just taking calpol only
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just wondering what happened if my baby taking calpol over 3 days

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

1. How many times has the kid had diarrhea since morning?

2. How is the urine output?

3. Is there any green colored vomiting or blood in the motion?

4. Is the kid feeling dehydrated and weak?

5. Is the kid running any temperature?

6. Did the vomiting start first or the diarrhea?

7. Did this start after any unhygienic or street food or exotic new food which the kid never had before?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
1. twice a day2. As normal 3.no vomited at all 4. He looks fine, as usual 5. He's temperatures is fine 6.he only has diarrhea 7.no he eat porridge and drink milk as usual, we didn't change anything

Then do not worry at all and be rest assured this is not diarrhea at all.

Unless she is having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is diarrhea

Loose stools.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My baby s poo poo it's loose stools

No, at this age babies do this often - but need not worry as long as the baby is active.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But if he not diarrhea, how to explain he poo OK in the morning, lunch or dinner time he's poo is watery with last few days

That is fine as long as he is not dull and dehydrated. It is physiological.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How long it will take usually? Is very baby will be get like this

It can take 2 weeks too. But it all depends on the diet and reduce high sugar content and fruit juices in his diet.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Every day I feed same things to him never happened like this, milk 500ml a day and twice of the porridge and once fruit gets lot time of water a day

It some times happens by itself and that is how the intestines grow and develop.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I just need to do reduce high sugar content and fruit juice in his diet that what your mean

Yes please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thank you doctor

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800