Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have had two complete knee replacements and in a lot of

I have had two complete knee replacements and in a lot of pain I think I may have accidentally over dosed. Within thd last 24 hours I have taken300 mg of paracetamol then with the lat 1000 mg of paracetamol I took 1- dose of 15/500 mg of co- odsmol! Am I in bother now?9

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

You have not exceeded the permissible limit of the medication.

There is no worry.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I read that I should have waited “ at least 4 hours after taking paracetamol before taking the 15/500 Co-odamol tablet. Is this correct? Just that I am so sore I never thought. I was given much stronger 30/500 mg Co-odamol to take 4 times a day but theses disagreed with me so I only take 15/590 mg. But I took them too soon? Many thanks. David. Ps will I be ok re the codeine so close?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Codeine at the same time as paracetamol is this dangerous none of which have helped my pain. Thanks David.

Yes, ideally you should have waited for 4 hours. But you would be okay and no serious consequence or adverse effect is likely.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks I also rubbed on ibuleve gel 10% extra strong at the same time as I have not slept since the operation and fell 13 metres down a river embankment in my knees two weeks after the left knee. I am able to walk now kludge the pain so sorry to trouble you so late and thanks for you’re help just getting a big paranoid over so many painkillers. At least I am glad to be able to walk again though sore. Arthritis al over. The two knee replacements were worth paying £25,000.00 sterling for as I had a pension. Gif Bless you for putting my heart at rest I thought my liver might pack in! The power of the mind! Kind regards, David.

You are very welcome, David.

There is nothing to worry.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

I sincerely hope that I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today!

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Many thanks Doctor for putting my mind at rest! Gif Bless you. Kind regards, David. n. Ireland.

My pleasure.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
you certainly have Doctor that was great value for money. Ever Blessing to you too and your Family. David.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Excellent and very wick service many thanks. Davis.20 out of 10

I appreciate it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry Doctor I typed “ 300mg when that should havd read 3000 mg of Parecetamol! Dose that make a difference ( 4000 mg) plus one co/ofamil 15/500 mg after the last 1900 of paracetamol tablet!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry Foctor. I typed 300 mg when that should have been 3000 mg of parcetamol
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
3000 mg not 300 mg?

As I mentioned, 4000 mg is the total permissible limit in 24 hours. If you had taken more, obviously is not permitted. But since you have no adverse effect shown, there is no worry. Keep drinking liquids so it goes out of your system.