The following measures are helpful with the medications for acid reflux, which you may be taking:
1) Small 5-6 meals a day.
2) Last meal should be eaten 3 hours before lying down.
3) Avoid; fried or fatty foods, chocolate, peppermint, alcohol, coffee, carbonated beverages, citrus fruits or juices, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, vinegar.
4) Eat slowly so air is not swallowed.
5) Swallowing therapy by a speech-language pathologist.
6) Lose weight if obese or overweight.
7) Elevate the head of the bed by 6 inches.
8) Avoid tight clothing.
9) Stop smoking, if you do.
If these measures are not helpful, you may need fundoplication surgery.