Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I am 65 years old. Yesterday I was helping my son and

Hello, I am 65 years old. Yesterday I was helping my son and daughter in law move. I was carrying a bedside table and tripped over a small step. I plunged forwards hitting my forearm on the edge of the door frame. It hurt very much when I did it but wasn’t too bad afterwards, though it swelled mid forearm immediately and bruising appeared. This morning it is more sore and bruising has appeared under the elbow. It also feels slightly sore in my armpit. I am aware of not turning up at A+E with Covid restrictions etc but wondered if I need an X-ray. I was worrying as we’re due to help more over the weekend unpacking boxes etc. Hope you can advise
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: moving the arm makes it more sore but not too bad. I’m in good health for a 65 year old. Had both jabs.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can’t think of anything else except never broken a bone before

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am sorry for what happened. Can you upload an image please?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m not very technical but Hope attached ok. There is some bruising underneath the elbow too

Please hold on.

I am really sorry for your symptoms and it can be extremely painful from the size of it.
Yes I would definitely recommend an xray because of the swelling and the hematoma formation because we need to rule out fracture here.
Please approach medical attention.
The hematoma can be easily tackled by application of heparin gel 3 or 4 times a day for 4 to 5 days.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. I will call in at the drop in centre at the hospital.

I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.

In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime.

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800