How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RickD810 Your Own Question
RickD810, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
RickD810 is online now

I have an infected sebaceous hyperplasia under my eye. The

This answer was rated:

Hi! I have an infected sebaceous hyperplasia under my eye. The lower eyelid is now swollen and I have been told by a pharmacist that it's infected
JA: When did the swelling first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: The swelling appeared the day before yesterday today is the worst of all days
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the swelling?
Customer: I am researching online where to go
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: no

Hello My name is***** am pleased to meet you. Can you can let me know of your problem and I will see if I can assist.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello! Thank you for your response.
I’ve had a cyst like growth under my eye for couple of months now but over the last 3 days it got infected and my lower eyelid where the cyst is, is now swollen and the cyst feels like it’s about to burst
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
From internet search it might be sebaceous hyperplasia

have you got any pics?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’ve tried to send pictures.
Did you receive them?

nothing received

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (72LGLT2)

This could be sebaceous hyperplasia and is common and benign

You can ask you GP for a prescription of azeleic acid to see if this helps or be referred to a dermatologist for excision

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It seems to become infected around the area and is throbbing.
I’m also unable to get a GP appointment until the 2nd of July.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there any other way I could get that prescription please?

Your GP is the only way

You can google it and can buy online

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can buy what online? Sorry, I didn’t quite get that bit

Azelaic Acid

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, I see. Don’t need a prescription then?

you can get the prescription frrom your GP or you can buy it online.... we do not provide prescriptions on this service

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is it the 10% I’m after? And is it safe to use under the eye?

Yes it is safe and 10% should be OK

Do not get it in your eye though

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, thank you very much for your time and help.
I get the cream and hope it will work.
Is there anything else I should take,
Eat, drink or the opposite?

No... carry on as usual

Please could you kindly rate my response using the stars as this is the only way JustAnswer can acknowledge my response.

A 5 star rating would be much appreciated.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr R Duggal

RickD810 and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No problem, will do!
Thank you!
All the best!