Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Throat below looks bigger on one side when I swalling, apple

Throat below looks bigger on one side when I swalling
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: Adam apple seem bigger
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Also having dizziness
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani. I have 16 years of experience in the field of Medicine at a tertiary care referral hospital. I am currently reviewing your question.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Can you upload a short video clip with swallowing the movement of the throat.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Do you want me to call now or after I see the video clip?
Hello... Are you uploading the video now?

The method of uploading photo or a file is:

Click the paperclip icon

Click the Browse icon

Click the Browse button

Select your file and click Open

Click OK

Click Insert

Click Save changes on this page

If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

You can approach them at the following link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Where you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to***@******.***

Or you can make a call to - Phone number, 1-***-***-****

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

The patient says that he had not requested a phone call and I am redirecting him to the customer care after giving him the best possible response.

Hi...

From your symptom analysis I feel that what you are experiencing may be two possibilities-

Globus sensation.

Laryngopharngeal reflux or silent reflux

I will explain further please.

Globus sensation:

Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat. Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump, retained food bolus, or tightness in the throat that is not due to an underlying structural lesion, gastroesophageal reflux disease, mucosal abnormality, or an esophageal motility disorder

A sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat is common in the general population.

You may need an endoscopy and laryngoscopy and once these are normal - I am sorry to say that we need to attribute this to psychosomatic symptomatology or stress and anxiety.

Regarding management -

The main stay would be - Counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Other options are -

Physiotherapy for the muscles around the throat.

Treatment for postnasal drip - for example, treatment with a nasal spray.

Treatment for acid reflux, including antacid medicines and acid-suppressing medicines.

Stopping smoking.

Treatment for stress, if this is a problem.

Laryngopharyngeal reflux:

Laryngopharyngeal reflux or silent reflux is a common cause of symptoms in the throat like lump in the throat, excessive throat clearing, hoarseness, feeling of post nasal drip without any symptoms of heartburn.

This should be tackled by certain lifestyle modifications, habit changes and also medications.

I suggest -

Head end of the bed elevation.

Do not skip breakfast.

Rather than two or three heavy meals, take small aliquots of four to five meals a day.

Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed.

Avoid certain foods which can increase the the reflux like whole milk, dairy products, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, hot tomato sauces, onions, spicy food, citrus fruits, grapefruits and peppermint.

If you are already on - you can take proton pump inhibitors 30 minutes before food, preferably on empty stomach in the morning or before dinner.

Stop medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Motrin, Advil and also vitamin C.

Do not don tight stomach compressing clothing.

Home therapy - you can do one tablespoon of of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water, gargling several times a day

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...If you are having trouble, kindly approach our Customer Service assistance.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/

Phone number 1-***-***-****

I am also a site user like you, only thing is I am an expert, and I can't see any account or payment issues, but that Customer Service will be happy to assist you.