Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

Am I able to ask a birth control question on here? Not yet

Hi, am I able to ask a birth control question on here?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Not yet I’m on the implant.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there’s not.
Hi.Welcome to Just Answer.I am Caring Doc.I can help you today.
How can I help you?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, I’d like to ask a birth control related question?
Sure go ahead!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve been on the implant for 2 years now and ever since I’ve been on it my weight has been increasing more and more. Would it be best to get it removed and if so would my weight go down?
Ok please give me some time ,I am typing my answer!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay.
Thanks a lot for your patience.
Respected customer Weight gain is a very common side effect of the implant, with one in ten women experiencing weight gain to some degree..
You can opt for other birthcontrol methods like non hormonal IUD or combination pills that are not usually associated with weight gain.
Yes if you will remove it,your body should get back to normal,but you will need to do exercise and some dietary modifications as well.
The implant can be removed at any time by a specially trained doctor or nurse. It only takes a few minutes to remove, and a local anaesthetic will be used. The doctor or nurse will make a tiny cut in your skin to gently pull the implant out.
This is very safe procedure usually.
I hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any questions please.
I would be glad to help you further!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, sorry for all the questions. I was just wondering if there would be anything I could be prescribed to help with weight loss?
Respected customer, you should start with diet and exercise. If that doesn't help you can see your physician in person. Doctors usually prescribe weight loss medication only if your BMI is 30 or higher, or if it's at least 27 and you have a condition that may be related to your weight, like type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure.
The medication semaglutide (Wegovy) received FDA approval for treatment of obesity in 2021. More common prescription weight loss drugs which have been in use longer include: liraglutide (Saxenda), naltrexone-bupropion (Contrave), orlistat (Alli, Xenical), phentermine (Adipex-P, Ionamin, Pro-Fast), and phentermine-topiramate (Qsymia).
I hope it helps.