FarokhW
FarokhW,
Experience:  Expert
112594791

I had one severe toe Injury a week ago ,however the toe is

I had one severe toe Injury a week ago ,however the toe is damaged and the parts besides the head toe was swollen ,now the pain is gone and just above the head toe there is a blood clot and I am not able to do anything and I never applied any medicine ,now feel like removing the toe and clean that area what will help me any medicine?

Hello.

My name is*****

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I will try my best to answer your questions today.

Would you be able to attach a photo of your injured toe over here please.

I will try to answer the question based on the information you have provided.

If there is a blood clot or a scab, there is no need to peel it off. Once the body forms new skin underneath the scab, the scab or blood clot will fall off on its own. There is no medicine needed to be applied on it. Just keep it clean and dry. You can also keep it covered with a Bandaid type dressing.

If there is any sign of infection, then that may need antibiotic treatment and you will need to visit your GP or an urgent care centre to get a prescription for the same.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.