Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I'm 58, my periods stopped in March 2020 and I've had a

I'm 58, my periods stopped in March 2020 and I've had a period last month, I went to see my doctor then a gynaecologist and after an internal examination she said I have to have an ultrasound done and I think also a camera will be inserted to have a look. My gynaecologist also said that I would have to have a D&C done which may be done under a general anaesthetic or an epidural. As I'm asthmatic and have type 2 diabetes and I'm very overweight I'm concerned about this. My question is about the D&C, is this the only way to take a sample to check for cancer. Sorry for the long query, thanks.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: They finished march last year then I got one last month
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think I covered it all

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am sorry to know that you are going through this

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hello have you seen my query

Yes, we need to get the biopsy done and to take the biopsy, I believe this is the best way.

What kind of cancer they are quering?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
She didn't say but she said that any bleed after my periods stopped had to be investigated and I'm wondering if there was any other way apart from a D&C, because of my other health issues.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is the D&C the only option

This is the most easy option in this regard.