wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been diagnosed with mycoplasma genitalium I have one

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have been diagnosed with mycoplasma genitalium I have one partner for 6 months now and he insists he didn’t have sex with anyone else. Is it possible that it got it when we had sex for the first time about 5 months ago and I didn’t get symptoms but I got it now after such a long time? I have noticed that a month ago when it was a very stressful time in my life and I have lost weight too?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: yes, first time. I have never had a STD. I’m careful with whom I have sex
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, I don’t think so maybe just the fact, prior to the current partner, I haven’t had sex for 2 years and when I have started having sex, I did get one or two infections but not like this one. Just probably ordinary thrush which I treated with the medication from the pharmacy

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today. We can also chat by hone and skype.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Phone Please

Yes.  It is very possible that you could have been infected for many months before you became symptomatic as most cases never have symptoms.

That being said women are symptomatic more often than men when it comes to this condition.

I will make a note so you shouldn't be charged for the phone call that went though by mistake.

It has been a pleasure assisting you.