Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I have been having an issue in my genital area, No I

Hello I have been having an issue in my genital area
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't. I have been too embarrassed hence why I come to you. I have been applying aveeno cream and vaseline that's all
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. Basically the tip of my penis becomes sore and inflamed really quick after sex and masturbation. Then forms a scab and takes a while for it to go. Then when I become active again it comes back Recently the shaft of the penis has been itchy and gets sore really quick. I am trying to refrain from sex and masturbation
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: Just sex and masturbation immediately makes it sore

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you today.

I am so sorry that you are going through this.

I believe what you have got is called balanitis, it is an inflammation of tip of penis. It can be resolved by using cortisone cream twice a day for a month and cotrimoxazole cream once a day for 14 days.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much. I am been doing a lot of online research but never found anything close to my symptoms
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is there anything I could use over the counter rather than going to a doctor. It's something that I'm really struggling with and feel very embarrassed about
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've even tried things like canestan thinking it was some form of thrush

Both of these creams are over the counter.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry just wanted to ask would I need to use both cortisone and cotrimazole cream together? Or pick one

Yes, you need to use both.