Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

Every now and then (a handful of times per year perhaps), I

Every now and then (a handful of times per year perhaps), I get this pain in the bottom of my throat like something is stuck in there. It was only when I got older that I realised it was likely acid reflux. It happens when I am quite stressed, and also if I haven't eaten in a while. I can get rid of it instantly by eating ice cream or drinking milk, never really used any medications.Anyway, after the initial attack my upper back like around the spine just has this very very mild discomfort, again like something stuck in there, but feels more like air is constantly trapped in there and I always have to do little burps. Not belches, just like clearing trapped air out or something. I tried using gaviscon after each meal yesterday and I'm not sure it helped or not (it's a very mild sensation). It isn't there when I wake up, and seems to get worse throughout the day until the evening, but even then it's not particularly noticeable.I suppose I was just looking for reassurance that this is all acid reflux. I get quite health anxious, and I am 90% sure I wouldn't even notice the mild discomfort if I didn't fixate on it (it's magically not there when I'm busy doing other stuff!)Thanks

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer for your query. This is Dr Ansari Welcomes you.

May I know age and gender?

please have you seen an ENT surgeon for your Adenoids tonsils

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
im 32, male. No I haven't haha, I don't know what Adenoids tonsils are. I've just managed the one offs by eating or drinking, and the mild background discomfort has never been noticeable enough to seek out doctors
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The discomfort is down above my stomach, not near my tonsils etc.

Adenoids are tonsils at the back of the throat which give the sensation of stickiness when they are enlarged.

Another thing that you mentioned is oesophagitis which gives the sensation of dyspepsia and pain in the chest and back pain

You feel stickiness in the throat on swallowing food when Adenoids are swollen.

Another thing is Oesophagitis which give chest discomfort and pain with sensations like of dyspepsia.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It sounds more like Oesophagitis. I don't feel any stickiness in the throat or trouble swallowing. Just a mild discomfort which eases after eating. And the little trapped air burps

Yes, then it is Oesophagitis you have to have Omeprazole 20 mg once a day and Gaviscon already you have after meals. Check for H.Pylori infection as well.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thanks

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please let me know if this was helpful and whether I can assist you further. I am always happy to help!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It normally passes on its own after a week or two I suppose. Is it okay to wait and see if it passes? I don't want to have to take medicine every time.

I think it is better that you work up at least for H.Pylori infection by your GP and get an appointment with a gastroenterologist.