This can be the adverse effect of the mini pill which may happen even after six months. The other causes for vaginal bleeding are;
1) Vaginitis; infection of the vagina. Usually, some form of vaginal discharge accompanies or symptoms like vaginal pain during sex or itching associated.
2) Uterine fibroid
3) Uterine polyps
4) Endocervical polyp
5) Pelvic inflammatory disease
6) Cervicitis (cervix infection)
7) Endometritis; infection of the internal lining of the uterus
8) Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
9) Fluctuating hormone levels.
The following can detect/diagnose the cause;
1) A physical examination and speculum examination by the doctor
3) Blood work for the hormones
4) Vaginal swab
I wish your symptoms resolve soon.
I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.