Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I need to ask a doctor a question about a lump in my mouth,

I need to ask a doctor a question about a lump in my mouth
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: hard I noticed it the other day but on the outside of my gum line there’s like a watery small lump also
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Can you share a pic?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Female 38
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
File attached (ZLGMZ7G)
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
File attached (4M47552)
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
There is a hard lump on the inside of the gum no pain and then a soft watery blister to the outside

Thank you for the reply. Please hold on while I type out your answer. This can take a few minutes.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Are the pictures ok I sent you can you see what I’m talking about

The bump inside the gums is most likely an osteoma. These are benign outgrowths of the skeletal bones and are not uncommon in this area. They do not pose any risk.

THe swelling on the outside of the gums is most likely what is called a mucocele.

It is possible that it is one of these small salivary glands which gets its opening blocked, this can happen if there is thickness of saliva in that gland or some injury. This causes collection of saliva at times, and when pressure builds up, it opens again leading to release of the saliva.

This also is of no risk, but it can sometimes grow to a large size and may need a small procedure to excise it.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Does my mouth look healthy to you though I’m an ex smoker and I’m very concerned it could be oral cancer
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I’m so sorry for all the questions I’m sick with worry
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I can provide further pictures if need be doctor
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
My jaw on that side also is clicking whilst I say I eat a sandwich or muesli but no pain in it but it keeps clicking as I chew at the point below my ear
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 2 days ago.