Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I’m concerned about a pain in the front of my neck, about 2

I’m concerned about a pain in the front of my neck
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: about 2 days, no numbness or tingling
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I smoke quite a bit, I stopped a while ago and have only been smoking for around 2-3 months again

Thanks for using just answer

Describe the pain in you neck, any lumps or swelling?

Any pain on swallowing?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No lumps or swelling that I can feel Altho I’m unsure how it felt before, no obvious pain when swallowing, but it does hurt when I tilt my neck up. It also hurts if I try to inhale when smoking and that seems to make it worse, altho I have stopped since this pain started getting apparent

So it only hurts on neck movement?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hurts to touch from the outside, I can feel it slightly the rest of the time but it’s not as significant

ok, could be some muscle spasm, I'll recommend applying ibuprofen gel to the area 4 times daily and some warm compresses

if the neck pain is ongoing, then have it examined physically

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** have been brought on my smoking as I feel it’s related?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
by

The thing is proving it has been brought on by smoking

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you!

You're welcome