Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have the following redness on my face accompanied by small

Hi, I have the following redness on my face accompanied by small red dots (I assume under skin acne) and two red puffy patches under my eyes. It started with the right side a few days ago, now it got better but it moved to the left side. I don’t know if this is from the heat or something else, but it gets a worse in the evening (more red). It is also hot to the touch. No itchiness. At the moment I am trying to treat it with hydrocortisone 1% cream but I am wondering if it looks concerning and what can I do to speed up the healing process?I am 27F and have a diagnosis of MSThank you

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Do you see any improvement with hydrocortisone?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi again, I think we chatted yesterday as well about this. I just started using it today so I haven’t seen any changes yet

Hi there

This still looks like atopic dermatitis.

However, there is a small chance of cutaneous lupus.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I had the ANA test in October 2020, everything came back negative. Could it still be lupus?

Less likely then --but skin biopsy better.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Ok, thank you. Should i continue with the cream?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Also, can the ANA test go from negative to positive?

Yes ANA can become positive later on.

You can still continue with cream.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.

welcome

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi, sorry to bother again, I just had some blood tests done last week, I was wondering if anything in there looks concerning to you in terms or potential lupus?

They look normal