ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

I have had a blue/purple small non painful swelling on the

I have had a blue/purple small non painful swelling on the side of my tongue for three weeks. What could it be?
JA: Has the swelling been stable or getting worse? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?
Customer: It has been stable
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dentist about the swelling? How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: for three weeks. I did see a doctor but at that stage we thought it might be a mouthwash which I have discontinued for three weeks
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dentist should know?
Customer: The dentist extracted a tooth one week before I noticed this and he either saw nothing or it wasn't there then

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

Cab you send a picture please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will send a picture

Thanks for the picture. Purplish discoloration. It looks like some trauma (? Secondary to brushing).  Are you on any blood thinners

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No.

Can't see any under on the surface. Has it been increasing in size?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you still there?

Yes

I don't think you need any medications

It just could be a small blood vessel , called haemangioma. Don't try to traumatize it.

I don't think it is going to cause any major problems. Just keep an eye on it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your answers