ravikumarr
ravikumarr,
Experience:  Expert
111548138

Can I take macrobid with ciprofloxacin, What, What

Can I take macrobid with ciprofloxacin
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: What
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: What

Welcome to Just Answer,  will be happy to help.I am sorry to hear about your concern. I will try my best to give you suggestions that help your concern. The answer does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic. Kindly be  informed that we are not allowed to prescribe any medications on the site ,NOTE - All phone call requests are auto-generated and you may ignore these requests. Communicating through text chat is just fine with me. I can surely give you my recommendations about your concern.NOTE - phone call requests are auto-generated. Please ignore these requests if you have not requested.

What is microbid please ? Any why were you prescribed ciprofloxacin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nitrofurantoin is macrobid I finished the course last night but the infection was upgraded to epididymitis so have been given ciprofloxacin
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My question is it safe to take ciprofloxacin after taking nitrofurantoin

Yes. The antibiotics needed upgradation as the infection was not fully treated.

Ciprofloxacin is a macrolide and it can be taken after nitrofurantoin. Any allergies to any medications?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just penicillin
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
even tough my las dose of nitrofurantoin was 11.30pm last night I can start ciprofloxacin now..sorry I worry a lot I am going to be a regular

Just be careful. Unlikely to cause any cross reaction. Start taking it in the morning as if any reaction then it can be quickly dealt with.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh OK thats not helped my anxiety that much over it especially as even the pharmacy was unsure. Thanks anyway