Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I’ve stopped drinking tea and coffee cold turkey as I haven

Customer Question

I’ve stopped drinking tea and coffee cold turkey as I haven anxiety and read up it can be bad for anxiety now I’m not sure if worse with anxiety because of not having caffeine, I used to have 2 cups of tea a day and 1 cup of coffee when at work
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: for two days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    Its certainly going to make you feel worse if you have anxiety to quit cold turkey.   Thats not a lot of coffee or tea but I am unsure how big your cups are?

One thing to try is cutting back.    Maybe just cut out the work coffee first and substitute with decaf.     Two cups of tea is unlikely to contribute to anxiety.    You can slowly change to decaf tea if you prefer.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I quit tea and coffee because of anxiety but I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do cold turkey or to slowly come off it
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 22 days ago.

As I noted above, decreasing slowly would be better.