How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 66171
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have an infected tooth giving me pain. Going on holiday

Customer Question

I have an infected tooth giving me pain . Going on holiday tomorrow and not in my home town . Think I need antibiotics as I’ve had this before
JA: Is the pain consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistent
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no . Are you in uk?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
This isn't a telemedicine site and for me to offer a prescription would be illegal and malpractice

An urgent care centre doctor can do that for you

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I can’t find one as Sunday night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

Yes I'm still here

There's also the emergency room

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 22 days ago.

You're welcome