Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

My wife just swallowed a large sliver of that broke off from

Customer Question

My wife just swallowed a large sliver of wood that broke off from a chopstick. About an inch long with one sharp point. It must have gone down verically with a mouthful of rice because she didn't feel it. Is this serious. What should we do?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. It just happened about 10 minute ago.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She isn't in pain or distress. Just worried it could puncture something.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No pain. Nothing makes it worse.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long will this take?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 15 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
It's likely that this will pass all the way through without any damage but she should go to the emergency room to have a doctor examine her