Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

How do I get over my heart attack fear at nineteen year old

Customer Question

How do I get over my heart attack fear at nineteen year old I have done thirteen ecgs, an echo been seen by a cardiologist about twent blood tests heart related ones and my heart is perfect and healthy I’m scared as I last had an ecg 6 months ago what if my hearts changed since then Ihavenofamhistory of heart disease either VC
, I read articles and hear things about heart attacks and it scares me I constantly have lleft arm pain, chest pain it never stops, I have left sided chest pain right now I’ve had an echo and he said my heart is very healthy I think I’ve had 25 ecgs now, alll have been Normal last one was 3 weeks ago, I’ve had the chest pain for 2 years I think I’m so sad
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 18 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

It sounds like this is all due to anxiety. If all of your tests were normal, then it is unlikely that you have any heart disease, especially if your test was 3 weeks ago. Your heart will not change in 3 weeks.

You need to try to accept that you do not have any heart disease and this is due to anxiety.

You may want to speak to your GP to discuss what they can offer to help your anxiety.

All of your tests have been normal and you’re only 19, so I do not believe you have any heart disease at all.