Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I'm not fiit to work because I have very painful back pain

Customer Question

Hi ! I'm not fiit to work because I have very painful back pain and problem with sleep because I work 12 hours per night and I had hemorrhoids and I take tratament but it s not working verry well and the doctor tell me if this is not working they told me that if it didn't work they would operate on me , and I call to GP and they said my problem it s no so important to give me sick not for work
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 19 days ago.

For the back pain, the following would help;

a) Physical therapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Local analgesic cream

e) Pool therapy/hydrotherapy.

f) Analgesics

g) Lidocaine cream

h) Rest

i) Capsaicin cream.

j) Hot fomentation

k) Brace

The treatment of hemorrhoids is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like Proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;

1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options help speed bowel movements and decrease strain. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.

2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams/day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.

3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)

4) Regular exercise; helps in relieving constipation if any.

5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.

6) Avoid irritant foods, chilies, and hot herbs and substances.

7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for a couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).

8) Local ointments applied in the anal canal which contains lidocaine and vasoconstrictors (OTC product).

This is not a telemedicine website, unfortunately.

The website is only meant to provide medical education and answers specific to your questions only.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

I know that’s not what you want to hear right now.

I would be happy to answer any other medical concerns you have.

A prescription of any kind here would be both illegal and malpractice

The website is not authorized to issue any prescriptions or notes or referrals.

An urgent care center can do that for you.

I am just a messenger, I am afraid.

Sorry again.