Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I can feel a very small ball in my nipple and when I squeeze

Customer Question

Hi there, I can feel a very small ball in my nipple and when I squeeze it cloudy discharge comes out of my nipple. Kinda worried??
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 13 days ago.

Hi Dr Hayat here.  Yes this needs to be seen and investigated.  Possibly an FNAC (A type of biopsy) of the ball,  but can only be told after having a look at it and the discharge needs to be looked into as well..A culture sensitivity and look for any abnormal cells on the discharge should be done too...

In brief you need to attend a clinic.

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 13 days ago.

Is there anything you need to ask

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 13 days ago.

Is there anything else you want to ask?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is there any thought process onto what it might be? My other nipple did the same now it produces clear discharge when I squeeze it
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 13 days ago.

Well the top most thing that needs to be rules out is malignancy here. The chances might be low but this is something that's not worth missing..Hence the tests I advised.

Other thing could just be some infected discharge from the nipple. In that case it needs a short course of antibiotics.

Worth doing a test called serum Prolactin too..

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thank you I will call my doctor tomorrow.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 13 days ago.

Pleasure.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up..Have a nice day