How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 15148
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

Mid June I felt a small ball in my right breast which of

Customer Question

Hi there, mid June I felt a small ball in my right breast which of course scared me and when I pressed on it it discharged and I then googled seeing it should not be cause for concern. The bump is now not there. On my left breast there is a small bead like feeling thing around the same place and this too has been discharging. This one is like a cloudy discharge. When I press the older ball it now discharges clear liquid out of my aereola. I am calling the dr tomorrow but just want some words of advice? I am 24 years old so this is scaring me if it is something to worry about.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The bead like ball cannot be seen from the outside , only when touched you can feel it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the discharge only comes when I squeeze it
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

There are mainly three possibilities here:

Enlarged or infected Montgomery tubercles: Montgomery's tubercles are normal glands which are present in the areola in both men and women. Sometimes they may get infected or inflammed.

Ingrown hairs: Small hair follicles are present in the periphery of the areola. These can form ingrown hairs which can form bumps.

Hidradenitis suppurativa: this is a condition where the sweat glands present in the areola become blocked leading to inflammation and soreness.

From your description, infected Montgomery tubercules  is the most likely for you.

You should see a doctor for this. Mild cases can be treated by keeping the area clean, preventing friction. In more severe cases, topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics, steroids, pain killers, are prescribed.

Your doctor will be able to prescribe this for you.

You have to see the doctor for this as all changes in the breast and areola need to be seen by a doctor at the earliest to rule out more severe conditions.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti