Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Since last wk I have been in agony with my jaw I do get

Customer Question

Hello since last wk I have been in agony with my jaw I do get tense and seem to grind my teeth so whether I have done something to it Jus would like an emergency apptment if I can please
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling I went to the dentist couple of months ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No don't think so I do get very tense and I used to visit and osteopath aloy a few years ago but now I'm married with kids it's not that easy
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am 27 years old and I am a female I have had these symptoms since Thursday last wk and no I hafnt seen a Dr or had any tests done for this
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Don't worry about rhe call please mssg instead

Sorry, I am unable to call you now. Your call request is open to all experts, someone will call you soon. If the call is not made, you will be refunded. Meanwhile I will help you through text.

The area which you have pointed out is very typical of a Temporo-mandibular joint pain.

You are likely to be having TMJ disorder, or tempero-mandibular joint disorder.

The tempero-mandibular joint is the joint between your jaw and the skull, just in front of the ears. Any stress on this joint, such as excessive chewing of gum or tobacco, habits like clenching the teeth, stress, etc. may cause this pain. Grinding of teeth during sleep is a typical cause.

You can try with some home treatment initially:
* Analgesics- OTC Tab. Motrin 200 mg twice daily after food.
* Avoid stressing the joint - avoid chewing gum, tobacco, hard foods.
* Massage the joint lightly till the muscles relax.
* Habit changes - keep reminding yourself to relax the jaw muscles
* Lifestyle changes - stress reduction.

* Jaw exercises - these are the most important - check up this video and do the exercises regularly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbJZXG4fsd4

If this does not help, you need to see a doctor for this.

You should consult either a dentist or an ENT specialist. Discuss about TMJ disorder with him and about doing a CT scan and Orthopentogram.
Various treatments can be given by your doctor once this is diagnosed.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No problem thank u

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery.

Do send me feedback by giving a 5 star rating or 'accepting' my answer; bonus is always welcome