Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Consultant Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I went to the pharmacist who believes I have an infected

Customer Question

Hi, I went to the pharmacist who believes I have an infected ankle and need anitibiotics, how can I get these prescribed as it is very inflamed and painful, regards mark
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the infection?
Customer: I cannot access my local surgery
JA: Got it. When was your last doctor visit? What did you discuss?
Customer: apologies, I cannot access my surgery as I am away on holiday on the south coast, I have tried verifying online with them but the process is taking a long time
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no, I am not allergic to anything, thanks
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 17 days ago.

Hi. Dr Hayat here.  The only way forward to getting these antibiotics is going to the Emergency Department. The drawback is that you might need to wait there but  will get them if it is a truly infected ankle ..

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 15 days ago.

Please feel free to contact whenever possible.