How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 44423
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

Is it possible to speak to a gynecologist re a growth I have

Customer Question

is it possible to speak to a gynecologist re a growth I have had for some time. I just cannot get an appointment to speak to my own doctor to diagnose and refer .m.e
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Firstly I take medication for a heart problem. My symptoms are two lumps, one on each side of my vulva both about the size of a frozen pea. They are not itchy or painful but seem to be slow growing.
JA: Got it. Have you used anything else for this?
Customer: I tried Anusol as I thought they might be haemorrhoids or even ingrowing hairs.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I have no t had many illnesses. but I do take medicataion for anxiety which I was prescribed during the menapause. I will be 78 in October
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.

Hi there,
I am an experienced Medical Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide your with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

What is your concern?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would find it difficult to take a photo
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.

Ok no problem

These bumps can be harmless cysts --usually scar tissue cysts if firm --dermatofibroma for example.

Or can be sebaceous cysts

Both harmless causes.

Not likely serious.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I would like to know if there is a self referring consultant who is in my area
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
both lumps are firm. at first I thought they may be ingrowing pubic hairs
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My brother had one in his adolescent yers
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.

Firm growth is not usually concerning.

You can try private consultant.

Here is a link:

Private Consultant Gynaecologists | Specialists in the UK | Private Healthcare UK

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How can I confirm they are harmless cysts.?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Very many thanks for your advice
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 16 days ago.