Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

How do I get over my heart attack fear at nineteen year old

Customer Question

How do I get over my heart attack fear at nineteen year old I have done thirteen ecgs, an echo been seen by a cardiologist about twent blood tests heart related ones and my heart is perfect and healthy I’m scared as I last had an ecg 6 months ago what if my hearts changed since thenIhavenofamhistory of heart disease either VC
, I read articles and hear things about heart attacks and it scares me I constantly have lleft arm pain, chest pain it never stops, I have left sided chest pain right now I’ve had an echo and he said my heart is very healthy I think I’ve had 25 ecgs now, alll have been Normal last one was 3 weeks ago, I’ve had the chest pain for 2 years I think, I’m on sertraline now which don’t help much, I have attached my cardiologist summary
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.    It sounds like you have some severe health anxiety    Have you seen a mental health professional?

A 19 year old certainly does not need this many tests on the heart.

You could benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy to get over this issue and worry you seem to have.

This is not a medical issues.   Its a psychiatric problem that you should seek help for.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
you think I don’t have a heart problem then, the pain is scary
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.

Theres no real way for me to think anything about that, this is an online question and answer service.  I would assume you do not as you have had so much testing.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
From the reports and ecg
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 19 days ago.

It looks like every test you had done is normal.  I would suggest getting psychiatric help.