Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have just moved from South Lakeland where my Previous GP

Customer Question

I have just moved from South Lakeland where my Previous GP had me tested for blood in stool which came back positive. She had it repeated and it again came back positive.
JA: How long have you had this blood? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: wasnt aware of it except in my haemorroids 40 years, This is a new phase with discomfor low in my Left abdomen these last couple month or so
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: A possibility of Diverticulitis. Bowel cancer is rife in out family history so 10 plus years ago I used to go for a regular colonoscopy. but always found it negative
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My family are nearly all doctors! so cousin Tom is advising me not to ignore. I am 79 and just moved into The Bridges. I was a physio and worked at Macc 25years ago.
Expert:  Anthony Osula replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for using just answer

Was it a stool test for inflammation called faecal calprotectin?

There are different kind of stool tests

If this was the case,then it can be positive in diverticulitis as thats bowel inflammation

This can be confirmed on colonscopy which is done if stool test is positive