Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

On the 3rd September I was admit for a day procedure called

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: On the 3rd September I was admit for a day procedure called hysteroscopy I was placed under GA for this. During the procedure a biopsy was taken and she cut my cervix on the way out. Since then I have barely eaten or drank, I’m bleeding heavily but not period bleeding as I usually have such a difficult period every month I know the difference. It’s fresh blood with rusty coloured discharge. Pelvic pain left and right side, back pain middle and lower back. Constantly fatigue, weak legs and arms. My doctor prescribed me antibiotics and anti inflammatories for a kidney infection. However this hasn’t eased it. Should I go to hospital and have myself checked out? Or is this normal?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: A lot of pain. Not that regular
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

This is not normal.

You likely have pelvic infection and also bleeding blood vessel from the procedure.

You need to go to the hospital for further evaluation, antibiotic course and also stop the bleeding.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 18 days ago.

welcome